Wednesday 18 November 2009

Review: Jo Whiley: My World in Motion

This is a long overdue review of Jo Whiley's autobiography My World in Motion

It's long overdue because, bottom line, it didn't manage to excite me and it took me ages to finish it (I wouldn't write a book review without actually reading it you see). Now, I'm a seasoned music fan (I used to spend a large proportion of my dosh on records, then CDs and gigging). I was interested in finding out a bit more about Jo Whiley, and that's why I agreed to review the book.

However, there's the thing with autobiographies: They are mostly written by people who, to be fair, aren't fandoodletastic writers. I read because I enjoy a good read. A really good read. There's few autobiographies that I've profoundly enjoyed reading, Joe Simpson's Touching the Voidis one of them.

You can get my gist, can't you? I didn't particularly enjoy reading Jo Whiley's autobiography. It was mildly interesting, it's clear she's a lovely person and has had an exciting life, and what's more, she is a success story for managing to combine being a mum of four, a loving wife, and a very successful business woman. Her life is interesting, yes, but the bottom line is, I'd rather listen to the music she talks about than read her autobiography.

Of course, if you generally enjoy reading autobiographies, I'm sure this one will be for you. I don't want to put you off, I'm sure that for a celebrity autobiography, it's written superbly. It's just not for me.

No comments:

addthis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin