Friday 29 April 2011

Vamos a la playa

How better to spend Easter Monday than to take advantage of good weather and proximity to the sea. Did I say before how I love the fact that we live so close to both the sea and the hills? I grew up far from mountains and even further from the seaside, and I still find it such a gift to be able to head to the beach for the day.

So Snowflake was introduced to beach life by expert big sister, who showed her periwinkles, how to pop seaweed and how to build and destroy sand castles. Unlike the sandy play parks in Germany, Snowflake enjoyed the sand this time. Phew. We came home tired, full of sun and with a bucket load of shells (and lots of sand which still keeps popping up everywhere). I even managed some beach knitting and a nap in the sun.

We were at Portencross, near West Kilbride, where there is a small castle which is now accessible during bank holidays and school holidays.





3 comments:

Mwa said...

Gorgeous picture of the pink flowers!

Elle and Belle said...

Stunning photographs. I would love to live close to the sea, you are very lucky. Please don't tell me you did all that knitting!

Nikkii said...

Isn't it just the BEST thing about Scotland? You're never more than 90 minutes from the sea :)

addthis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin