Friday 22 February 2013

Wishlist

With her sixth birthday fast approaching, I asked Cubling what she'd like for a present.

"I'd like a cat. And if I can't have a cat, I want a rabbit. And if I can't have that, I want a guinea pig.
I want a real magic wand. One with which you can do real magic.
I want a dress with a magic button. When you press the button, you'll become a real princess with curly hair and there's a real prince charming right beside you and the dress becomes a real wedding dress.
I want a Cinderella dress, and a real treasure map"

At which point I finally managed to stop the flow of enthusiastic ideas delivered with sparkling eyes and absolute faith that all of this was a real possibility.

I shouldn't have asked. Something tells me someone may be set up for disappointment.


2 comments:

Clair said...

Ouch! No amount of reasoning will get you out of it either. Good Luck.

sustainablemum said...

What a wonderfully impossible list!

addthis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin