Tuesday 9 November 2010

A special present - Urban food growing Tuesday

My mummy friends gave me an extra special present - a plum tree.
It doesn't look like much right now, it's autumn after all, but I can't wait to see what it'll look like in the spring.
I've read up all about plum trees and know that this one is a great variety for small spaces and semi shade. So it should grow well. Now I only have to decide whether to plant it in the front or back - probably it'll be the front as it has good soil (though less sunshine) - our back garden is either built up or a lawn, not much potential for growing a tree, even if it's a small one.
4 weeks to go until I can dig!


I've also come across a fab network of food growers in the UK. Definitely worth checking out and joining.
If you grow your own in urban spaces, please add a link to any blog posts about your efforts/experiences in the Linky tool below.

addthis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin