After four weeks back at work, there's a few things I realised I'd entirely forgotten:
- It's amazingly cool to sit down at my desk and be able to concentrate on a job that needs done without any interruption other than being asked if I want a cuppa.
- Tea tastes better hot.
- Adult conversations that last longer than 10 seconds are pretty fun, even though I'm a bit rusty.
- I feel totally and utterly good about myself because I'm doing work that goes from A to D via B and C and is not eternally interrupted by whining, bum wiping, food providing and baby holding. Yay, I feel like I'm being productive.
- That mummy guilt disappears once baby smiles when dropped off AND picked up .
- That it feels horrible when baby cries when dropped off AND picked up.
- That baby will start enjoying nursery.
- That I have some really amazingly lovely colleagues.
- And that having a 3 day working week (though temporary until my accrued annual leave is used up) is in fact the perfect work / life balance for me.
Shame it looks like I'll be made redundant at the end of the year. Which once again proves that just when you thought you had your life all sussed out, someone in the background was just having a bad joke with you.