Tuesday 15 February 2011

Baking by colours: Orange or Pumpkin and Orange Cookies

I've had a rather cute little pumpkin sitting in my kitchen for a while now, and never quite know what to do with the oranges that come in our veg and fruit bag (I'm no fan of eating them, one of those childhood eeks though I do actually like them now. I know that doesn't make sense).

And because it's valentines day and it was raining and the outdoor playgroup was struck down by absences, I decided that I could bake an orange and pumpkin cake. Darn, not enough eggs. How about cookies then? Cubling rejoiced. Cookies it was.

So then, I give you pumpkin and orange cookies which are both tasty and healthy, containing at least one of your five a day. Honest.


All ingredients are approximate. I don't do scales when there's more than 3 ingredients.
3 cups of wholemeal flower
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 egg
half a cup of ground almond
1 cup of brown caster sugar
1/2 cup of soft brown sugar
2 cups of grated pumpkin flesh
juice and peel of 1 orange
150 g of butter
some spices to taste: cinnemon, cloves and the like

Mix together well, place about one teaspoon of dough per cookie onto oiled baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 190 degrees for 14 minutes.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Mmmm, these cookies sound real good. I definitely love anything with pumpkin in it. I have a sweet treat linky party on my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

addthis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin