Saturday 4 July 2009

tagging time!!!

I have been tagged by Metropolitan Mum. Super dooper, especially because I'm a tad brain dead at the moment so here's a little get out meme, which kind of covers a few things I would have mentioned if I was able to string a couple of words together. You see, I'm a social animal this weekend, day and night.

8 things I’m looking forward to:

  • The birth of my niece/nephew
  • Completing my "a hat in time" charity book project
  • All going well, working with G. on a new book project
  • Starting a new and exciting project at work (inspiring change)
  • A book club meeting on Monday night
  • Flying to Bournemouth/Ringwood on Friday for a party and catching up with rather a lot of lovely friends all at once
  • Hopefully meeting my friend N., who lives in Mexico, in December (not in Mexico though)
  • Cubling waking up in the morning because I couldn't kiss her goodnight tonight. I don't even care about the time, I'd even be happy for her to wake me in the middle of the night.

8 things I did yesterday:

  • Visited Almond Valley Heritage Centre in Livingstone for the first time
  • Went to the pub to commiserate 3 colleagues on their redundancy
  • Cycled to Glasgow city centre and back
  • Dealt with a major toddler knee scrape and realised that my first aid kit is badly lacking in essentials
  • Thought a lot about a new and very exciting project (book project, see above)
  • Knitted almost a full square for my niece/nephew's baby blanket
  • Rode on a tractor trailer with hubby and Cubling
  • Ate an ice cream

8 things I wish I could do:

  • Sleep in at the weekend
  • See my father more often
  • Meet up with my friends more often
  • Sew better (so that I can actually make things without being scared)
  • Public speaking
  • Be witty
  • Draw
  • Beat hubby at Tetris. In fact, beat him at any game.

8 Favourite Fruits:

  • Bananas
  • Strawberries
  • Apricots
  • Pears
  • Nectarines
  • Peaches
  • Tayberries
  • Rhubarb (is this a fruit? not sure)

8 Places I’d like to travel:

  • New Zealand
  • Thailand
  • India
  • Japan
  • Bolivia
  • Peru
  • Nepal

8 places I’ve lived:

  • Koeln, Germany
  • Dormagen, Germany
  • Dublin, Ireland
  • Madrid, Spain
  • Sligo, Ireland
  • Bedford, England
  • Glasgow, Scotland
  • sorry, that's it, and I thought I'd lived lots of places... unless I can list Dublin again because I lived there twice.

8 people I’m tagging (and trying not to tag anyone who's already done this or who I've tagged recently - phew, not easy!):

And now it's really time for bed...

8 comments:

san said...

Wow, you crammed a lot in to your day! I've lived in Bedford too - small world.
Thanks for the tag, but I've already done it x

Mrs P said...

Great lists! You're well travelled. Tell us more about your book projects please!

Metropolitan Mum said...

Ahh, Dormagen. Welch Kleinod deutscher Staedtebaukunst. Ich denke damit steht es eins zu eins im Staedtequartett. Ich steche mit Wesel. Haha.

Now back to English.

cartside said...

Sandy, that's quite a coincidence, I still remember that whenever I tried to get a ticket from London to Bedford they tried to sell me one to Bradford - nobody seemed to know it.

Rachel, one book project is covered on the blog - it was too late to put in a link, will edit article to reference. The other one - I'm precious about it for now, I think I've had a good idea (rare occurrence) which could be snatched ;) so all I'll say is that it'll be a book for toddlers.

MM, Staedtebaukunst, Dormagen, Kleinod?! Lol.
Never even been to Wesel, but I'm sure any town would beat Dormagen. The best thing about it is the road out of it, particularly the one to Koeln ;) (with the exception of Eisdielen...)

cycling through vietnam: my cancer diary said...

Thanks for the tag, though I've already been 'done' too. My Gran grew up in Sligo...

Muddling Along said...

Thanks for the tag - really sorry but I did that last week and I don't think I can manage to come up with another 8 ...

Enjoying yours lots though

Almost Mrs Average said...

Thanks for the tag. I've been tagged by Tasha too so that's double the reason for getting onto it. You sound very busy and with the book project too. I'll get cracking on the tag over the next few days.

Almost Mrs Average said...

Yay - Have just finished it. Was really fun to do thank you :-D x

addthis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin