Sunday 13 June 2010

expectant knits

Slowly but surely I'm getting into the knitting groove again. I'm starting to find it increasingly difficult to pick patterns which are gender neutral because this time we are set not to find out if we're having a boy or a girl.

One promise I'd made was to do a second instalment of f.pea's mossy jacket. It's a great knit to get back into things, what with chunky yarn and such a quick process, knit all in one piece that keeps finishing to a minimum. I still messed it up and had to improvise (I messed up at the start - the jacket is knit top down and I didn't increase correctly for the off centre design so I added a bit at the very end as I couldn't be bothered starting from scratch again). It's not perfect because my patching was far from perfect, but I still like it.

I was more successful with my holiday knit. When stranded by the volcanic ash, I managed to almost complete a simple but lovely Baby Baseball T. I love the simple details of a front pocket and the button ridge at the top side.

Finally I knit another version of Woolly Wormhead's Baby I-cord hat, which you can find in A Hat in Time. I don't tire of the pattern because I can do it without thinking and it's great for using up scraps of your favourite yarn which isn't enough for any other project. However, I must try out another hat pattern soon, just for the sake of a change.

There are another two projects on my needles so I'm sure the baby will be kept nice and warm this coming winter. And with a few kitschycoo patterns and fabrics from her fabulous sale coming, there's nothing between me and some sewing. At least that's the plan. It's good to be making things again, even though the process is painstakingly slow. It reminds me how important it is to make things, to keep in balance.

addthis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin